|Building Style||Single Building|
|Location||Walsall, West Midlands|
There’s little written about Bloxwich Hospital, which was built as a private house about 1850. It was at one time known as ‘The Manor House’ though there was no manor of Bloxwich by the time it would have been built. This was probably just a conceit of the owners. In the late Victorian/Edwardian eras the house was owned by the Foster family who seem to be connected with the family of the same name at Bloxwich Hall. The “Misses Foster” were resident at The Manor House in 1916.
The house was purchased by Walsall Corporation (the town council) in 1927. It was opened as a Maternity Hospital on 20th July, 1929 and has been a hospital ever since, latterly under the auspices of the National Health Service. Today, Bloxwich Hospital offers mental health services for older people.