LaGrange County Infirmary
|LaGrange County Infirmary|
|Building Style||Single Building|
The LaGrange County Infirmary (or the County Home), located one-half mile west of LaGrange. The building, now apartments, was built on 150 acres in 1883. A small building to the west housed the insane. Occupants were expected to help with maintenance of the buildings, farm, maintain their rooms and help prepare meals, etc. After being closed by the county, it operated as a nursing home.
Images of LaGrange County Infirmary
Main Image Gallery: LaGrange County Infirmary