Vernon County Asylum

From Asylum Projects
Jump to: navigation, search
Vernon County Asylum
Established 1887
Opened 1889
Current Status Demolished
Building Style Single Building
Location Viroqua, WI


The Vernon County Insane Asylum was approved in November 1887 and was opened in January 1889. It was first built to accommodate 150 patients. In 1896 a new almshouse was built on the county farm near the asylum. A new building is located on the site of the original hospital.

Images of the Vernon County Asylum[edit]