Wilbur Home for Feeble Minded
From Asylum Projects
|Wilbur Home for Feeble Minded|
|Building Style||Single Building|
Dr. Joseph Wilbur acquired the a privately owned home to care for the mentally ill. The Wilbur Home and School for the Feeble – Minded served in this capacity from May 1884 until 1950. In the mid 1950’s, it was used as a fraternity house. It was torn down to make way for the construction of the Western Michigan University Student Center, now the Bernhard Center, and dormitories in 1955.