Wyoming State Training School
|Wyoming State Training School|
|Building Style||Cottage Plan|
|Architecture Style||Colonial Revival|
The Wyoming Life Resource Center (WLRC) was originally established in 1907 as “an institution for the custody, care, education, proper treatment and discipline of the feeble-minded and epileptic persons, under the name of the ‘Wyoming Home of the Feeble-Minded and Epileptic’.” Before the facility opened its doors in 1912, legislation passed changing its name to the “Wyoming State School for Defectives.” In 1921 the name was changed to the Wyoming State Training School, by which it was known until 2008 when the Legislature changed the name to the Wyoming Life Resource Center (WLRC). Throughout its existence, the WLRC has continued to change and evolve. The WLRC first opened in June of 1912 with three children enrolled. By the end of the year, enrollment had grown to 23. At its peak, the WLRC served more than 700 clients (1960’s), and today it serves approximately 90 clients.