Clarion County Home

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 08:17, 28 June 2020 by Squad546 (talk | contribs) (Created page with "{{infobox institution | name = | image = | image_size = 250px | alt = | caption = | established = 1898 | opened = 1905 | closed = 1980s | demolished = 2016 | current_stat...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Established 1898
Opened 1905
Closed 1980s
Demolished 2016
Current Status Demolished
Building Style Single Building
Location Sligo, PA
Alternate Names


In 1898, voters approved the proposal to build the county home. 1903 The County Commissioners bought the G. V. Curll farm for $71 an acre, for use as the County Poor Farm. The original debt for the county was $90,000. In 1927, Clarion County paid off the last of its 1903 bonds for building the Poor Farm. Built in 1905, the structure that also served as a “Poor Farm” over the years, the buildings fell into disrepair to the point where part of the first floor collapsed into the basement. The property most recently housed the Peaceful Valley Ashram Retreat and was on and off the market for the last few years.