Fort Supply State Hospital
|Fort Supply State Hospital|
|Building Style||Cottage Plan|
|Alternate Names||Western State Hospital
Western State Psychiatric Center Western Oklahoma HospitalWilliam S. Key Correctional Center
Fort Supply was officially closed in September of 1894 and turned over to the Department of the Interior on February 26, 1895. In May of 1908 the first patients arrived at the Western Oklahoma Hospital that used the old post's buildings and grounds as the state of Oklahoma's first mental health facility. The Oklahoma Historical Society currently administers five structures and a replica stockade as the Fort Supply Historic Site. The grounds of the old post are also occupied by the Western State Psychiatric Center and the William S. Key Correctional Center. The Fort Supply Historic District was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971 (NR 71000675).