Difference between revisions of "Oahu Insane Asylum"
Latest revision as of 04:36, 5 October 2022
|Oahu Insane Asylum|
|Building Style||Single Building|
The Oahu Insane Asylum, which opened in Kapālama in 1866, served long-term psychiatric patients. The legislature of the Hawaiian kingdom voted to establish the hospital in 1862. Four years later, six mentally afflicted patients were removed from the prison to the asylum. The hospital closed sometime in the 1930's when most of the patients were transferred to the new Oahu hospital in 1930. No record of the facility after the transfers was readily available.