|(616 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)|
|−|[[Image :HSH KIRK 02. jpg| 200px| left]] An image taken around 1900 showing the corner of the new Administration Building (Left) with the Main Building in the background. The Main Building was completely demolished in 1910. |+|
|]] the of the with the in the .
Latest revision as of 03:43, 24 January 2021
Featured Image Of The Week
The Colonial Government
bought the whole 104.5 acres as a site for a new lunatic asylum to be designed according to the enlightened views of the American Dr Thomas Kirkbride. Colonial Architect James Barnett worked in collaboration with Inspector of the Insane Dr Frederick Norton Manning to produce a group of some twenty neo-classical buildings, completed in 1885 and subsequently named the Kirkbride Block, offering progressive patient care.