Portal:Featured Image Of The Week

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 03:48, 6 March 2022 by M-Explorer (talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search

Featured Image Of The Week

siouxsan3.png
The school sat in limbo and a transitional period from 1933 to 1939, during which the school’s main building burned and was replaced with the huge building currently occupying the site. In 1939 the Sioux Sanitarium was opened at the location. The facility was created to treat Native Americans with tuberculosis. The building was then converted into a massive hospital called the Sioux Sanitarium for Native American TB patients in 1939. These years were the darkest in the institution's history. With no cure in sight, the doctors could only do experimental procedures such as removing organs to try and combat the disease. After the patenting of streptomycin, the hospital closed in the 1960s.