|Building Style||Single Building|
Beechurst opened in the late 1800's on the eastside of Louisville, which at the time was mostly farmland, near the Cave Hill cemetery. It was a privately run hospital for those with mental & nervous diseases, also alcoholism. For those that could afford it, it was an alternative to Central State Hospital. With the Great Depression in the 1930s, paying patients were few and the sanitarium had to be closed. It was demolished shortly after to make way for a new street.