|Building Style||Cottage Plan|
|Architect(s)||William Ralph Emerson|
The original facility, which consisted of 16 beds, was formed on the Minot Estates in Forest Hills, Boston, in 1884. In 1895, the Hospital moved to its current twelve-acre 300 South Street location in Brookline, where it remains today. Dr. Stedman, who was known for being in the forefront of the mental health movement, took pride in tailoring the Hospital's treatment regimen to best meet the individual needs of patients.