Elkhart County Poor Asylum
|Elkhart County Poor Asylum|
|Building Style||Single Building|
|Architecture Style||Gothic Revival|
The first county home opened north of Goshen in 1845. In 1886, the Elkhart County Home moved locations and opened a new facility. The new County Home was a 113-room facility that also held a hospital, beauty shop and recreation area. The home closed in 1977 and was torn down in 1981. A cemetery with unmarked graves is all that remains of the County Farm.