Franklin County Sanatorium
|Franklin County Sanatorium|
|Building Style||Single Building|
The Franklin County Hospital for Tuberculosis operated at the corner of Alum Creek Drive and Frebis Avenue from 1909 to 1972. The architects were Howard and Merriam. The hospital was designed to have a capacity of 100 beds and at some point housed 120 beds. The building was estimated to cost $80,000. In 1946 William L. Potts, MD served as the medical director. The hospital was planned to house patients in all stages of the disease and was one of the first buildings of this type designed to contain wards for children suffering from pulmonary tuberculosis.