Gillette State Hospital for Crippled Children
|Gillette State Hospital for Crippled Children|
|Building Style||Cottage Plan|
April 23rd 1907 the state approved $8,000 for construction of a facility for disturbed and deformed children. Until then children had been kept at a ward at the City and County Hospital in St. Paul. Renamed Gillette State Hospital for Crippled Children in memory of Dr. Arthur Gillette in 1925. In 1977 the hospital moved into it's current location and the former facility was torn down except for one building now used by the city park department.
Main Image Gallery: Gillette State Hospital for Crippled Children