|Building Style||Single Building|
The next owner was the Goshen Sanitarium Company in 1889. A year later, Seward added a north wing to the house and established the Interpines Sanitarium, first known as Dr. Seward's Home for Invalids. Although intended as a general health care home, it soon developed into a hospital specializing in "Disorders of the Nervous System". Following his death in 1925, Seward's son, Frederick. W. Seward Jr., further enlarged the hospital by adding a second building in 1926. The Sanitarium could accommodate up to seventy patients and gave employment to an equal number of people, many of whom were from local families. It was one of the larger businesses of Goshen. The Orange County Government Center was built on the location of the hospital in 1965.