Ruston State School
|Ruston State School|
|Building Style||Cottage Plan|
Originally constructed as a WAC (Women’s Army Corps) in 1942. From June 1943 until August 1946 is operated as a POW camp, it's peak population hitting over 4,000. After the war, the property was turned over to the state & operated as a tuberculosis hospital until 1958. At that time it became a developmental center. It was announced in March 2010 that the center would close at the end of the year.
The campus now seems to be home to the west campus for Grambling State University.