Clarinda State Hospital
|Clarinda State Hospital|
|Current Status||Active and Preserved|
|Building Style||Kirkbride Plan|
|Architect(s)||William Foster & Henry F. Liebbe|
"At the time it was built, it was believed to be the largest building under one roof." From the "BOARD OF CONTROL OF STATE INSTITUTIONS, From Iowa Official Register 1909-1910" pages 262-269:
- Superintendent-MAX E. WITTE, M.D.
- First Assistant Physician-M. CHARLES MACKIN, M.D.
- Second Assistant Physician-ROY MOON, M.D.
- Third Assistant Physician-
- Fourth Assistant Physician-
- Woman Physician-PAULINE LEADER, M.D.
- Steward-JOHN W. PAYNE
- Matron-MARY E. COATS
The amount allowed for the support of this hospital is $12 per month for each patient.
Images of Clarinda State Hospital
Main Image Gallery: Clarinda State Hospital