Columbiana County Poorhouse
|Columbiana County Poorhouse|
|Building Style||Single Building|
The original county home, opened in 1829, was roughly one mile south of the present county home near the current day Robert Bycroft school. Over time, as the needs and population of the infirmary grew so did the amount of structures. By the 1930's the needs of the institution was such that a small brick hospital was built on the property to care for the people living in the institution. The poor house was finally closed in 1976.
The following is a well researched blog on the poorhouse: