Fort Worth Narcotics Hospital
|Fort Worth Narcotics Hospital|
|Building Style||Rambling Plan|
From the Bureau of Prisons website: Opened as the Fort Worth Narcotics Hospital, October 28, 1938, pursuant to the Narcotic Farms Act (45 Stat. 1085), January 19, 1929, as one of two narcotics treatment facilities (the other was at Lexington, KY) under the Narcotics Division, Office of the Surgeon General, PHS, for addicted federal prisoners. Began accepting neuropsychiatric patients in 1942. Placed under NIMH, 1967, and designated a clinical research center. Closed, with facility transferred to Bureau of Prisons, Department of Justice, 1971.