Green County Asylum
On May 15, 1882, the Superintendents (William Brown, Dan Smiley and J.C. Zimmerman) of the Poor of Green Co. entered into an agreement to which in a space of 5 months, a building would be erected to be used as an Insane Asylum. The original building was to be 68ft long x 34ft wide, 2 stories high, the lower story to be 10 ft high and the upper story to be 9 ft. 10 in. high. The total cost of the building was $6,390. The original Poor House & Insane Asylum was on just over 300 acres of land. Currently called, Pleasant View Complex, is consists of several building, and it's own private cemetery.