Illinois State Training School for Boys at St. Charles
Located on 900 acres of former farm land just west of St. Chalres, the IL State Training School for Boys was first built in the 1904 to house delinquent boys. The school branched out over the years and also started educational, vocational, religious, and military training programs to male youths form the area.
More information can be found in the University of Champaign-Urbana's online book collection here. http://www.archive.org/details/abrahamlincolnlo00whip (This book is not copy written and available for download at this site.)