Knox County Asylum

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 09:52, 20 November 2014 by Trickrtreat (talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search
Knox County Asylum
Opened 1881/1935
Closed 1975
Current Status Closed
Building Style Single Building
Architect(s) Joseph K. Frick
Location Vincennes, IN
Architecture Style Italianate
Alternate Names
  • Knox County Poor Farm
  • Knox County Infirmary




History

The Knox County home opened in 1881 to served the people of Vincennes and Knox County Indiana. It closed in 1924, but was reopened in 1935 and remained a county home until 1975. The property is currently unused.[1]

Images of Knox County Asylum

Main Image Gallery: Knox County Asylum


References

  1. Hassett, Kayla. "The County Home in Indiana : A Forgotten Response to Poverty and Disability." Diss. Ed. Vera A. Adams. Ball State U, 2013. Cardinal Scholar, 05 Apr. 2013. Web. 12 Nov. 2014.