Northern Wisconsin Center for the Developmentally Disabled
|Northern Wisconsin Center for the Developmentally Disabled|
|Building Style||Cottage Plan|
|Location||Chippewa Falls, WI|
|Peak Patient Population||2,203 (1962)|
In 1895, after almost 20 years, the state enacted legislation to create a "Home for the Feeble-Minded" in Wisconsin and appropriates $100,000 for land and buildings. The name of the institution changed several times, including in 1922, when it was renamed the Northern Wisconsin Colony and Training School. As of 1976, it is known as the Northern Wisconsin Center for the Developmentally Disabled and is still used for the care of patients with developmental disabilities. and is still used for the care of patients with developmental disabilities.