Parsons State Hospital

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 19:34, 26 March 2010 by Squad546 (talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search
Parsons State Hospital
Parsons State Hospital
Construction Began 1903
Current Status Active
Building Style Cottage Plan
Alternate Names Parsons State Hospital and Training Center
State Hospital for Epileptics


The Hospital first opened in 1903 as a State Hospital for Epileptics. In 1957 the Hospital was renamed Parsons State Hospital and Training Center and began providing programs for individuals with mental retardation. The Hospital occupies 43 buildings on 163 acres. Major components include residential services, the University Center on Developmental Disabilities and the Parsons Research Center for the University of Kansas, the Special Purpose School of the Southeast Regional Education Service Center, and the Southeast Kansas Agricultural Research Center of Kansas State University.

Images of Parsons State Hospital

Main Image Gallery: Parsons State Hospital