|Building Style||Mediterranean Revival|
Pinehurst Sanitarium was in operation as a tuberculosis sanitarium from 1929 until 1983. In 1978 a Disturbed Developmentally Disabled Unit was introduced on the HCC’s (Health Care Center) second floor. That unit closed in 1982. Human Services Department had offices on the second floor, the Developmental Disabilities Board on first floor and the Information Technologies Department on the fifth floor of the HCC. By 2013, the county had opened a new facility to replace the older one.