Queen Alexandra Sanatorium

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 05:53, 22 October 2021 by Squad546 (talk | contribs) (Created page with "{{infobox institution | name = Queen Alexandra Sanatorium | image = OntQueen Alexandra Sanatorium.png | image_size = 250px | alt = | established = | construction_began = |...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Queen Alexandra Sanatorium
Opened 1910
Closed 1972
Current Status Preserved (Partially)
Building Style Single Building
Location London, ON
Alternate Names
  • Beck Memorial Sanatorium




History[edit]

The Queen Alexandra Sanatorium, a facility for the treatment of people suffering from tuberculosis, opened its doors on April 5, 1910. In April, 1949 it was renamed The Beck Memorial Sanatorium. It closed September 6, 1972. It was built on a high bluff overlooking the Thames River, in an area that was, at that time, outside the city of London. This site is now within the city at 600 Sanatorium Road and is occupied by CPRI (Child and Parent Resource Institute, formerly Children's Psychiatric Research Institute).