The Tower House

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 12:23, 26 January 2012 by Thomasp94 (talk | contribs) (Created page with "{{infobox institution | name = The Tower House | image = | image_size = 250px | alt = | caption = | established = 1910 | construction_began = | construction_ended = | opened ...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
The Tower House
Established 1910
Current Status Closed
Building Style Single Building
Location West Chester, PA



History[edit]

The Tower House, with a capacity of four patients, was founded about 1910 by Dr. Jane R. Baker, formerly chief physician of the County Hospital for the Insane in Chester County, Pa. The institution is located in the Town of West Chester, Pa., and the estimated value of the plant is $15,000. One room is devoted to handicraft work. The institution is especially designed for a limited number of border-line cases, where the friends desire private and careful home surroundings and care.[1]



References[edit]