Utah State Tuberculosis Sanatorium
|Utah State Tuberculosis Sanatorium|
|Building Style||Single Building|
The Utah State Tuberculosis Hospital was built in Ogden in 1940. It was filled to capacity from the moment the doors opened. In the late 1960s the Health Department participated in a statewide TB wipeout program using education and drugs. The result was fewer cases of TB and the closure of the Sanitorium a few years later. The TB hospital was eventually turned over to the State Board of Education to be used as a school for blind children; the building was eventually demolished.