Bedford County Almshouse
|Bedford County Almshouse|
|Current Status||Demolished (Original Campus)|
|Building Style||Single Building,|
The Bedford County almshouse was erected in 1872, though it is likely the institution was in existence for some years prior. The main almshouse building was listed on the National Register of Historic place on 1988 along with several outbuildings. Tragically the building burned down in 2006 and appears to have since been demolished.
This institution did have a cemetery, with the last burial being in 1976. It is located near the almshouse site at 39°59′13″N 78°32′32″W