Clermont County Infirmary
|Clermont County Infirmary|
|Building Style||Single Building|
In 1883 Clermont County began construction of a new county infirmary to house the elderly, orphans, and individuals with other mental and physical problems. The previous building had burned in 1877 and residents had been housed in temporary locations. The new infirmary was completed in 1885 at a cost of $40, 000. It had one hundred rooms and stood four stories high. The institution was expected to be self sufficient; all residents were required to work to the best of their ability on the farm on the infirmary's property. The Clermont County Infirmary operated until 1965. It was later used for county offices and razed in 2002.