|Building Style||Single Building|
The Wabash Valley Hospital was established as a Seventh-day Adventist institution in 1906 under the direction of Dr. John Harvey Kellogg. The facility rested on 25 acres of land along the Wabash River and was originally recorded as “Indiana Medical Missionary and Benevolent Association”.
In its beginning it was operated as a general hospital, specializing in hydrotherapy and dietary regimens. In the 20's it operated a three-year nurses course. In the early 30's the emphasis was on nervous disorders. It continued as an institution of the church until 1931, and at the time it was sold to Roy Kinzer, a local Adventist businessman. In 1939 a non-profit corporation was formed to operate the “San”, and emphasis became “rest-cure”, and hospitalization was lengthy. In 1969, the facility merged and became the Mental Health Center for Tippecanoe County.
Wabash Valley Sanitarium was founded by Ellen G White (Seventh Day Adventist)