|Location||Glen Mills, PA|
Convalescents' Retreat was founded in 1884 by Dr. W.M. Hutt, as a private male psychiatric hospital for the treatment of, what is now known as, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. It stood in Glen Millls, PA, outside of the city limits of Philadelphia county, and was licensed by the state to hold up to 16-beds. As per 1887, it had three proprietors: Dr. Robert H. Chase (who would later become Superintendent of Friends Hospital), Dr. Ewing Jordan, and Dr. Henry Harris.