Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis
|Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis|
|Building Style||Single Building|
Opened in April, 1908 on the 1-B Unit on the ground floor of the original Methodist Hospital. In the 1950s a new wing was constructed for psychiatric patients in the C-Wing, it opened in 1959. The C-Wing contained several units, including a "constant care" unit for acutely disturbed patients. It also had it's own dining rooms, occupational therapy & rooms for ECT. At one time it was the largest psychiatric service in a non-governmental hospital in the United States. In April 2010 it was announced that C-Wing would be demolished and a new facility would be built to replace it.