Oklahoma State Training School for Negro Boys
|Oklahoma State Training School for Negro Boys|
|Closed||1983 (as a juvenile facility)|
|Building Style||Cottage Plan|
The John H. Lilley Correctional Center was originally built as a tuberculosis sanitarium for African Americans in 1923. In 1925, the facility became the State Training School for Negro Boys and housed black males who had previously been incarcerated at the Boys Training School in McAlester. The Institution was integrated in 1965 and the name was changed to Boley State School for Boys. The Boley State School for Boys was closed by legislative action in June of 1983. On July 1, 1983 the facility was established by the Oklahoma Department of Corrections.