St. Louis State School and Hospital
|St. Louis State School and Hospital|
|Building Style||Cottage Plan|
|Location||St. Louis, MO|
The St. Louis Training School was established by ordinance on July 27, 1922, and was opened formally on June 5, 1924. It was transferred to the State on July 19, 1948 and became known as the St. Louis Training School. The name was changed to the St. Louis State School and Hospital by the 70th General Assembly in 1959.