Parsons State Hospital
|Parsons State Hospital|
|Building Style||Cottage Plan|
|Alternate Names||Parsons State Hospital and Training Center State Hospital for Epileptics|
The Hospital first opened in 1903 as a State Hospital for Epileptics. In 1957 the Hospital was renamed Parsons State Hospital and Training Center and began providing programs for individuals with mental retardation. The Hospital occupies 43 buildings on 163 acres. Major components include residential services, the University Center on Developmental Disabilities and the Parsons Research Center for the University of Kansas, the Special Purpose School of the Southeast Regional Education Service Center, and the Southeast Kansas Agricultural Research Center of Kansas State University.
Images of Parsons State Hospital
Main Image Gallery: Parsons State Hospital