From Asylum Projects
|Cedarcrest Regional Hospital
- Hartford County Home for the Care and Treatment of Persons Suffering from Tuberculosis
- Cedarcrest Sanatorium
- Cedarcrest Regional Hospital
Cedarcrest Regional Hospital was a 128 bed state hospital located on the town lines of Newington and Wethersfield. It was closed in 2010, with its residents being transferred to the Greater Bridgeport Mental Health Center and other facilities across the state.
- 1910, established by the State Tuberculosis Commission as the Hartford County Home for the Care and Treatment of Persons Suffering from Tuberculosis.
- 1924-1926- renamed Cedarcrest Sanatorium.
- 1957- transferred to Commission on Tuberculosis and other Chronic Illness
- 1959- transferred to the Health Dept. Office of Tuberculosis Control, Hospital Care, and Rehabilitation, per P.A. 148.
- 1976- February, ceased operation as a sanatorium, and the treatment of chronic diseases. Facility transferred to the Dept. of Mental Health. Reopened as a psychiatric facility and renamed Cedarcrest Regional Hospital, per P.A. 77-200.
- 1995- transferred to Dept. of Mental Health and Addiction Services