Wayne County Infirmary
|Wayne County Infirmary|
|Building Style||Single Building|
The Wayne County Infirmary was built in 1847 by architect Emsley Ham and served the community as a county home until 1959. The property contained the main house, a privy building, a heating plant, a machine shed, a corn crib, a basement crib, and a silo. The property is now a single family residence.
Images of Wayne County Infirmary
Main Image Gallery: Wayne County Infirmary
- Hassett, Kayla. "The County Home in Indiana : A Forgotten Response to Poverty and Disability." Diss. Ed. Vera A. Adams. Ball State U, 2013. Cardinal Scholar, 05 Apr. 2013. Web. 02 Dec 2014.